LAST UPDATED: June 14, 2022
-Download and use our mobile application(Superstar Detective), or any other application of ours that links to this Policy
-Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this Policy will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- INFORMATION FOR MINORS
- SPECIAL RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR EEA, UK AND SWISS INDIVIDUALS
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT US
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. Personal information you disclose to us
1). Profile Information.
Some apps or parts of our Services may allow you to give us certain profile information, including:
- Your age or birthday;
- Your first and last names;
- Your email address; and
- Other information so we can authenticate you or so we can improve our services.
- A profile photo;
- A username(s);
- Biographic details (like your age range);
- The approximate location that you provide;
- If you sign in through or link to your social media profile, information associated with your profiles on that social network;
- Details about the apps you play; and
- A Company player ID number that is created by Company and used to identify your profile.
- The Company player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
2). Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Certain of our Services allow you to communicate or share information with Company and with other Company players. These features include:
- Player forums, message boards and chat functions;
- The ability to post public comments to other players’ profiles;
- Private messaging;
- The ability to send invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their email accounts;
- Photo or drawing sharing; and/or
- We may also ask for your approval to access your audio. Your audio may be used solely to allow you to communicate with other players during gameplay. It will not be used for any advertising purpose or to improve or personalize our Services. We may only have access to audio transmissions temporarily during chat features and will not record or store it in our servers.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store any of these communications, comments, photos, and drawings on our servers. We use these communications to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Company' rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, and personalize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
3). Payment Information
When you order any virtual good or service through the Services, we collect some purchase information which is comprised of transaction history, including what you have purchased, the price, and the date. Your in-app purchase transactions are processed by third-party payment processors, such as Apple (for purchases on iOS devices), Google (for purchases on Android devices). The third-party payment processors will collect your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, and complete credit card information that enables them to receive your payment. Our payment processing service provider may also retain this information to enable you to purchase additional items through our Services without having to re-enter it each time. Please note third party payment processors do not share your financial information, like credit card numbers, with us. Note the payment processors’ use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies, and purchases from third parties may also be subject to additional policies.
4). Customer Support Correspondence
When you ask for assistance from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address), information about your game-play or activity on the Services, and your username or ID number. We will also store the correspondence and any information contained within.
5). Marketing Emails
If you sign up to receive news or alerts from us, we may collect your email and applicable interests and communication preferences. If you wish to stop receiving email messages from us, you may use the unsubscribe link included in our emails.
6). Surveys and Promotions
If you fill out any forms relating to Our surveys, competitions (contests/sweepstakes), or other promotional events, we collect your contact information (such as your name, email, and phone number, postal code), and any other information requested on the form, at sign up, or a part of your competition entry, including photos/videos (each, as applicable). On occasion, we may also collect your shipping and billing information, such as if you are a competition winner or purchase our products or services. If you are part of our event or promotion partner, we may also collect your personal information including your name, company email, and company address.
B. Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
1). Technical and Usage Information
2). Information about your contacts
Certain of our Services give you the ability to import your address book contacts, including names, email addresses, and social media handles, if available, or manually enter them so that you can find your contacts on Company and invite them to play our apps or to other of our Services. You are responsible for obtaining your contacts' permission when you choose to provide their contact information to us. We may receive information about you from other Company users who import or manually share their contacts. We use and may store any or all of this contact information to enable you and your contacts to connect through all of our Services. If you want to remove the contacts stored in our apps or Services, follow the instructions provided in the particular app or Service to request that we remove them from our systems for that app or Service. If you have provided us your contacts in multiple apps or Services and want to remove those contacts from all apps and Services, you will need to take this step in each app or Service. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- Create your Service accounts and allow access to our Services;
- Identify and suggest connections with other Our users;
- Operate and improve our Services; Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Deliver and target advertising and marketing and promotional information to you; Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, contests, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Conduct and administer contests promoted by us;
- Enable you to communicate with other users;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services;
- Comply with legal obligations; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we collect or derive with third parties for the following purposes:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf or enhance our Services, including hosting services, payment processing, customer service and to assist us in our marketing efforts;
- Advertisers, ad exchanges and other ad technology companies that require the data to select and serve our relevant advertisements to you and others, and assist us in our marketing efforts;
- With our affiliates;
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties;
- When we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including law enforcement or legal process purposes;
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- When we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- To protect our or a third party’s legal rights, investigate fraud, or to defend against a legal claim;
- As part of a business transfer such as a merger, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of our assets or at bankruptcy;
- and We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We store data on servers in the U.S. or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or contractors maintain facilities. We retain your personal data for as long as needed to provide you Services, unless we are required by law to delete or if we accept your request to delete the information. We will also retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored by our cloud hosting provider on secure servers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. INFORMATION FOR MINORS
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal data. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
7. SPECIAL RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
These additional provisions for California consumers apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires “businesses” collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notice and a means to exercise those rights.
For any of the personal information described above, you can request to access and/or know what personal information we collected, disclosed, used or shared with third parties, and request that we delete your personal information at any time. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
CCPA gives you a right to direct a business to stop selling your personal information.
As is common practice among companies that operate online, we allow certain third-party advertising networks and other third-party businesses to collect and disclose your personal information directly from your browser or device through cookies or tracking technologies when you visit or interact with our websites, use our apps or otherwise engage with us. These third parties use your personal information for purposes of analyzing and optimizing our Service and advertisements on our websites, on other websites or mobile apps, or on other devices you may use, or to personalize content and perform other advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. To learn more about how third parties collect information automatically on our Site and the choices you may have in relation to those activities, please see our Online Advertising section, above.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your right to access, right to know, right to delete or right to opt out of sale, please submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request” and specifying which right(s) you would like to exercise. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf where (i) you provide sufficient evidence to show that the requestor is an authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and (ii) you successfully verify your own identity with us.
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
8. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR EEA, UK AND SWISS INDIVIDUALS
These additional provisions apply to individuals who are located in European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom (“UK”) and Switzerland.
Superstar Detective LLC, having its contact address at 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958 is the “data controller” responsible for the processing of personal data in connection with our Services. This means that we determine and are responsible for how your personal information is used.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. At any time, you may request to access the personal data that we hold about you. We may need to ask you to provide certain information to make sure you are who you claim to be. If you find the information on your account is not accurate, complete or updated, then please provide us with the necessary information to correct it.
Erasing or Restricting Access to Your Information. You may request to delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may postpone or deny your request if your personal data is in current use for providing Services or for other legitimate purposes, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Transferring Your Personal Data (Otherwise Known as Your Right to Data Portability). You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and the right to transmit that data to another party of your choice, where technically feasible. However, this right shall not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
Withdrawing Your Consent. Contact us if you would like to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
Right to Make a Complaint. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com
and we will endeavor to deal with your request. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with an EU data protection supervisory. If you are based in the European Union, information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en. If you are based in the UK or Switzerland, your local data protection authorities are the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html).
If you wish to exercise any of your rights detailed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Lawful Basis for Processing
On certain occasions, we process your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as to provide the Services to you. We may also process your personal data to respond to your inquiries concerning our products and services.
On other occasions, we process your personal data where required by law. We may also process your personal data if necessary to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Additionally, we process your personal data when necessary to do so for fraud prevention, improving our network and services, and marketing our services to advertisers and publishers; where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no other lawful basis for such processing, we will generally ensure that consent has been obtained from you. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at any time.
For questions about data processing, please contact us at email@example.com. Visit the “Contact Us” section below for contact information.
Marketing and Advertising
From time to time we may contact you with information about our services, including sending you marketing messages and asking for your feedback on our services. Most marketing messages we send will be by email or push notifications. For some marketing messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant marketing information to share with you.
Where we rely on consent to send you marketing communications, we will only send you such messages if you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at a later date by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing emails or by updating your preferences in the settings page of the App or Service.
9. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland, your personal information may be processed outside of those regions, including in the United States. In the event of such a transfer, we ensure that: (i) the personal information is transferred to countries recognized as offering an equivalent level of protection; or (ii) the transfer is made pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
10. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
11. CONTACT US
You may contact Our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.